|Workshops » Festive Jumper Knitting|
Festive Jumper Knitting
About this Workshop:
We all know knitting is enjoyable, relaxing and gives you a great sense of achievement. We also know that novelty Christmas themed jumpers have been all the rage in recent years. So why not hand knit one for yourself, a child or other loved one? Be proud of your creation for the festive season.
During this one day course you will examine the skills you need to create your own jumper. The course is being held in Oct so that you have two months to put your skills into action in creating your jumper in time for Christmas.
• You will learn the intarsia method to create central images/ motifs on your jumper.
• We will look at how to turn pictures/ drawings into knitting patterns so that you can create designs for the motifs on jumpers, personalising your design ( e.g. Santa, Rudolf, Snow Men, Snowflakes etc….).
• You will learn the Fair Isle technique to add patterns to the jumper’s sleeves such as snowflakes, Christmas trees or traditional patterning.
• Jumpers are finished with ribbed cuffs and collar and we will cover this technique as well as shaping for the sleeves.
• Mattress stich will be practised to create seamless joins for your finished products.
The course is suitable for those who can already cast on and do basic knit and purl stitch. (Perhaps consider the Knitting for Beginners one day Workshop if you cannot already do basic knitting).
If you do not celebrate Christmas, no need to feel left out. You can knit the jumper with a colourful celebration theme and winter motifs instead, using all the same skills.
Knitting needles, plenty of yarn and an instruction sheets are all included in the price of the course. All you need to bring along is yourself and your enthusiasm.
Location: Hagglers Corner
Max. number of crafty individuals: 6
Sun 30th October 2016 (10am - 4pm)
Book your place:
* Denotes compulsory fields
Site Content © Copyright Running with Scissors 2009
Site Design by Applebox Designs